Does your partner...
- Call you names?
- Get jealous when you go out with friends or check up on you?
- Tell you what to wear or make decisions for you?
- Frequently accuse you of cheating on him/her?
- Hit you, shove you or show a weapon to you?
- Control your finances?
- Threaten to hurt or kill someone you know?
- Threaten to hurt or kill your pet?
- Blame you for his/her problems?
If you answered yes to any of these questions you may be in an unhealthy relationship. This can be warning sign that a relationship is not healthy. Other warning signs include, but are not limited to:
- Controlling behavior
- Quick Involvement
- Unrealistic Expectations
- Blames others for Problems or feelings
- Cruelty to Animals or Children
- "Playful" Use of Force in Sex
- Verbal Abuse
- Rigid Sex Roles
- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
- Past Battering
- Threats of Violence
- Breaking or striking Objects
- Any force during an argument
You are not alone and support is available.